Seminar for Professional Sports Lawyers. Moscow 24 Apr 2015.
24 Apr 2015. Moscow
Renaissance Monarch Centre
Leningradsky Prospekt, 31a, p. 1
The Seminar for professional lawyers organized by the law company “Legal Sport” and the International Sports Lawyers Association SILA will be held on 24 April 2015 in Moscow. Sports lawyers, as well as executives, managers and sports directors of football clubs, federations and leagues are invited to participate in the Seminar. The Seminar will take place in the conference hall of one of the best stadiums of Russia “Otkrytie Arena” (Stadium of FC Spartak Moscow). Russian and foreign sports lawyers, including arbitrators of CAS, will participate in the Seminar. The subject of the Seminar: “The new trends in dispute resolution and disciplinary issues”.
- 9:30 – Registration of guests
- 10:00 – Beginning of the Seminar
- 13:30 – 15:00 – Lunch
- 15:00 – Continuation of the Seminar
- 18:00 – End of the Seminar
- 1. EMILIO GARCIA (Head of Disciplinary and Integrity at UEFA):“CAS jurisprudence on UEFA matters (2013-2015): Disciplinary & Financial Fair Play”
- 2. FRANS DE WEGER (Legal Counsel in Federation of Dutch professional football clubs; CAS Arbitrator; co-author of DRC Database):“Dutch professional football clubs and their involvement in international football related disputes”
- 3. MANFRED NAN (De Kempenaer Advocaten, Arnhem; CAS Arbitrator):“The recent CAS case law on the discretion of a CAS Panel to exclude evidence pursuant to R57.3 of the CAS Code”
- 4. GEORGI GRADEV (Gradev Sports, Sofia; Member of SILA):“Right to effective occupation in football”
- 5. JOSEP F. VANDELLOS ALAMILLA (Sports Law Partners, Bucharest; Member of SILA):“The right to set off disciplinary sanctions against salaries in football related disputes”
- 6. YURY ZAYTSEV / MIKHAIL PROKOPETS (Legal Sport, Moscow; Members of SILA):“Mechanisms to determine compensation for breach of contract”
- 7. PAVEL PIVOVAROV / OLEG ZADUBROVSKY (FC Zenit, Saint-Petersburg; P. Pivovarov is CAS arbitrator):Topic to be confirmed
You may register for participation in the Seminar at our web site by filling in the registration card. Registration of participants is open until 15 April 2015. Please be quick about it as seats are limited (no more than 100).
Cost of participation amounts to 30 $ per person for football clubs, federations and leagues, for all others – 80 $. Participation is free of charge for members of the Dispute Resolution Chamber of the Russian Football Union (RFU), the RFU Committee on the Status and Transfer of Players, the RFU Control and Disciplinary Committee, speakers and VIP-guests. Participation fee can be paid by bank transfer or credit card. Please choose way of payment in registration card. Details for payment you will receive by email.
Payment in US dollars:
LLC “Legal Sport”
115280, Russia, Moscow, Leninskaya Sloboda St., 19
Account (IBAN): 40702840600002306931
Bank: Commercial Bank of Moscow, Moscow, Russia
Назначение платежа: «Payment for participation in Seminar for …»
Guests and participants of the Seminar are offered accommodation at the hotel Renaissance Moscow Monarch Centre (Leningradskiy Avenue, 31A, bld.1). For booking of the hotel it is required to specify dates of accommodation and the payment method in the registration card. Within several days you will receive information of the payment procedure. If the payment is not made until 23 March 2015, the booking will be annulled.
Special cost of accommodation for participants of the Seminar:
23-24.04.15. SNGL – 7 450,00 RUR (at the current rate) per night, including breakfast (VAT 18% excluding) and 8 200, 00 RUR fordouble occupancy
24-25.04.14. SNGL – 5 250,00 RUR (at the current rate) per night, including breakfast (VAT 18% excluding) and 6 000, 00 RUR fordouble occupancy
Foreign nationals are required to clarify on their own whether they need to obtain a visa for entry into the Russian Federation. We canprovide you with visa support, giving an invitation to obtain a visa. If you need visa support, please indicate it on the registration card.
On matters related to participation in the Seminar, please contact Darina Nikitina (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Materials of the seminar
- List of participants
- Manfred Nan “Case law on art. R57.3 of the CAS Code”
- Frans De Weger “Dutch football clubs in international disputes”
- Josep F. Vandellos “The right to set off disciplinary sanctions against salaries”
- Mikhail Prokopets “Overview of the main cases of Legal Sport over the last year”
- Daniel Lorenz “Future of TPO in football”
- Emilio Garcia “CAS jurisprudence on UEFA matters”
- Georgi Gradev “Right to effective occupation in football”
- Zaytsev / Prokopets “Mechanisms to determine compensation for breach of contract”
- Pivovarov / Zadubrovsky “Imposing sports sanctions for violations related to racism”